Thursday, 4 September 2008

I am who I am because of everyone.





"I am my mum and my sister. I am my best friend Mike who I've known since school. I am Kate who's still somewhere in Thailand. I'm all the girls I've ever kissed, and the girls I will. I am the teacher that failed me, and the one that spurred me on. I am my bosses, and everyone of my friends. I am a bloke I'll meet travelling, who'll teach me the guitar. I am the places I'll go to with mates, and the jokes I'll share with them. I am the people who put me down, and the ones who'll pick me up. I am who I am because of everyone".


This is an advert released by Orange for television. It is very clever. The message is very subtle and warm. The copy is extremely poetic using a tone which is many of us use in our day to lives, using words such as "bloke" and "mate". Instantly this creates a repour between the message and the audience. It emphasises how relationships are so important, be it father, teacher or boss. How do we maintain and create relationships? Through communication. 

Furthermore the images used are close ups of the faces of the people mentioned in copy. The characters are introduced one at a time to represent how they came into your life at different times. It is very easy to relate to and that is with compliments to who created it. For these reasons I believe it is a strong advert.


Click on this link to watch the full advert.



No comments: