
Peep Show is a BAFTA award winning British sitcom, which I am sure many of you have seen and perhaps rate it as highly as I do.
It is about two central characters Mark, who very pessimistic and uncomfortable is social situations, and Jeremy, a failing musician who lives for the moment and is very optimistic of life.
The way this comedy was shot was completely differently than anything seen before. The events of the two main character's lives are seen almost exclusively from their point of view. Cameras where often strapped to the actor's heads to achieve this effect.
The two main character's internal monologues are also played to the audience using voice overs, the characters thoughts do not often match what they are saying which gives the audience a sense of dramatic irony. Providing an extra perspective into the characters world which gives Peep Show the comedic edge that many comedy shows fail to realise the importance of.
Here's a clip if you have not seen in it.
"I am James Bond"
No comments:
Post a Comment